About our Dance School
If your child is looking for a recreational hobby or a career in dance, the Beverley Margaret School of Dance can offer the right training to achieve these goals.
We offer a wide range of classes for all ages:
- Ballet – Toddlers to Pre Professional
- Ready Set Dance specialised pre-school program 2-5 years
- Jazz – Junior to Pre Professional
- Tap – Junior to Pre Professional
- Hip hop Junior to Pre Professional
- Contemporary Junior to Pre Professional
- Acrobatics – Junior to Senior Pre Professional
The best gift you could give your child is self esteem and confidence. These are the characteristics needed to be successful in life.
Dance is a wonderful way to develop these!
Put your child in our safe hands
Our capable teachers are trained in- technique, theory, anatomy, psychology, safe dance practice, dance history, teaching methodology and first aid. They assist each child to grow in confidence and ability throughout their dancing years. All Teachers have Working with children checks and are Fully qualified dance teachers.
Examinations and Assessments
These are conducted annually in all syllabi taught at the studio, including Royal Academy of Dance classical ballet (RAD), Classical ballet,Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary and Tap exams by the Australian Teachers of Dance (ATOD), Acrobatic Dance Association Exams (ADA) Accredited examiners come from the eastern states to assess students annually and all syllabi can progress towards teaching qualifications accepted worldwide.
Competitions and Performances
Here at Beverley Margaret School of Dance all our students are encouraged to participate and perform at various times throughout the year with a view to developing confidence and self esteem, team building and performance skills. It is not enough to attend class without an end goal to strive for.
Benefits of Dance Training
Posture, self-awareness, grooming, discipline, body fitness, goal setting, confidence, personal friendships, travel opportunities, self esteem.
- 220m2 sprung Tarkett covered floor, important for physical well being
- Air conditioned studios for student comfort
- Fortnightly newsletter to keep in touch
- Coffee Machine, Slushy Machine, Canteen, Water Machine
- Photo day by professional photographers provided by studio
- Special events arranged by the studio
- Choreography training
- DVD TV/ Agent jobs
- We Run dance tours to full time studios in Australia to senior students to help find the best full time studio for them
- Disney Tours To USA, Hong Kong and also culture tours Indonesia
- Working with Joffrey Ballet School New York
- In-house workshops with interstate and international artists
Students are expected to appear at class neatly dressed with well groomed hair.
It is not essential to have uniform and/or shoes on commencement of classes, these can be purchased at a later date.
Availability of clothing and footwear is from any ballet shop – see yellow pages under “dance wear”, Pirouette Dance Supplies in Rockingham or Via the second hand list posted on our notice board.
Fees will vary based on classes, please contact us for information.
Fees are structured in four term accounts and are payable three weeks after commencement of each term.
Each term runs for approximately 10 weeks based on school terms.
This is held each year to showcase all students achievements during the year.
Each child is presented with a certificate and trophy to commemorate their year of dance at the studio
- Students in Ballet Companies in Europe
- Students starring in leading musicals interstate
- Students have performed with WA Ballet
- Many students selected for WA Ballet school productions
- 40 student scholarships to John Curtin College of the Arts
- Students have been accepted into Steps Youth Dance Company WA
- Teachers awarded the best choreography for 25 years
- Students have performed with Perth City Ballet Company
- Several State Winners of the Australasian Dance Championships
- Most Successful studio in competition at local dance festivals
- Our students awarded “Dancer of the Festival” for many years
- Students taken interstate to specialist workshops
- Students accepted to Bartuccio Dance school, Transit Dance and Dance World 301 Melbourne; Brent street, ED5 dance program, and Lee Academy Sydney; Joffrey Ballet School New York
- Students Accepted in the Joffrey Ballet School in New York City
- Students Accepted into the Transit Dance Interstate Extension Program
- Students Accepted into the Transit Dance Full Time Course